- Make a list of the items you are going to store. Example: how many large items and the approximate size / number of boxes that will be used.
- It is always a good idea to plan ahead. Visit the facility that you are going to be storing at to help determine the size storage unit you will need. Our property manager will be happy to assist you in estimating which size unit will fit your needs.
- Temperature Controlled units are available if you are storing items such as, Plasma TV’s , Antiques, Paintings, Furniture, Photos, Candles, and Cd’s. Certain items may be sensitive to temperature changes and should be stored in this type of unit.
- A secure locking system: Our facility’s offer a Cylinder Locking System for all our tenants. The Cylinder Lock inserts into the door frame acting as a dead bolt. This is a more secure way to lock your items insuring they remain safe. No pad locks are needed.
- Check with your insurance provider on their policy for items in storage. They may not have the coverage you are looking for. Our faculty’s have the option to purchase SafeStor insurance for your belongings on a month to month basis. You can find more information by viewing the insurance section in our web-site. For any questions our property managers are able to assist you as well.
- When you begin to put your items in the storage unit be sure not to put anything up against the walls. It is important that air is able to circulate throughout the unit. A small walkway down the middle of the unit is a good idea, making access to your items easier.
- Pack your items in boxes that are similar in size. This will help in stacking more boxes throughout the unit. Be sure to pack heavy items in smaller boxes for easier lifting. Large boxes are ideal for kid’s toys, blankets /comforters, and clothing items. Special boxes are available for items such as, lamps, wardrobe, mirrors and dishes. Mattress boxes and plastic covers are also available.
- Write the contents of each box on all sides. This will save you time when you are trying to find items. Keep all screws and bolts to dismantled furniture/items in a labeled bag or container. Tape or tie any loose table – chair legs together making it easier to re-assemble later on.
- DO NOT – store items that are flammable /hazardous or combustible. Such as gasoline, paint, and oils. Be sure to drain lawn mowers, snow blowers and other equipment before storing.
- DO NOT – store any food items. We do not want to invite any unwanted pests.
We did some research and found the following resources which we think may be helpful in finding the moving supplies that are right for you.
Lowes Hardware Stores
Moving kits and individual boxes and moving supplies are available at a reasonable price.
Order online and have delivered:
Company specializes in new and used boxes that are shipped directly to your home. Both moving kits and packing supplies are available. You can add addiontional boxes to your moving kits order without having to purchase another complete moving kit. They have good condition used boxes that are for sale for ½ the original price. What makes this company stand out is: once you have completed your move, you can ship back your good condition boxes and receive a refund. This makes moving economical and environmentally friendly. This company is also has all sizes of mattress boxes which can be hard to find.
Moving Day Boxes 1-877-Boxes-89
Order the moving kits online and have them shipped directly to your home or business. Company requires complete kit orders only; you are not able to add single boxes to your order. Shipment time for the kits is 2-3 days depending on your location.
UPS Moving Supplies 1-877-Boxes-36
Order complete moving kits only and have them shipped directly to your home or office. Shipment time for kits is 2-3 days depending on your location.
This company has a large verity of moving kits and single boxes may be added to order. Shipment time is 2-3 days directly to your home or business. There is a $2.95 handling fee and the shipping is free.
Check Online for other listings – keyword: packing & moving supplies